Falkland Islands Community School (FICS) has an active student council comprised of House Captains, Senior Students and Form Representatives that meet every Wednesday at 1.00pm.
The role of the student council is to:
- Share information with other students
- Support the school in obeying the law
- Bring up real issues and help to solve them
- Contribute to decision making about school organisation
- Discuss the school’s priorities and policies
- Help develop the physical and social environment of the school
- Give ideas to improve the curriculum
Mr P Watkins facilitates the student council.
There are less formal but equally as important leadership roles that students undertake at FICS such as supporting the Infant Junior School and Camp Education (IJS&CE) Sports Days and Swimming Gala with the PE team and delivering form group assemblies to the whole-school.